Equal Opportunities Policy
Aviation Spares & Repairs Limited aims to be an equal opportunity employer, and has a policy for this purpose.
- This policy covers all aspects of employment, from vacancy advertising, selection recruitment and training to conditions of service and reasons for termination of employment.
- Under no circumstances will the Company permit any form of discrimination (direct or indirect) towards a job applicant, existing employee, supplier or customer on the grounds of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union.
- The Company’s policy is to recruit and work in a manner in which all persons are selected, paid, promoted and treated in accordance with their ability, qualifications, job function & suitability for work, and that everyone has equal opportunity to train and develop their skills within the workplace.
- No person will be disadvantaged by conditions, requirements or practices that cannot be shown to be just or fair.
- Preventing prejudice is crucial, employees shall be managed in a way that will create a working environment where differences in individuals are valued and respected.
- All employees have a responsibility to challenge questionable behaviour and practices that are not in keeping with the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To ensure that this policy is operating effectively (and for no other purpose) the Company shall maintain records of employees’ and applicants’ racial origins, gender and disability. Ongoing monitoring and regular analysis of such records provide the basis for appropriate action to eliminate unlawful direct and indirect discrimination and promote equality of opportunity.
The Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy, and the measures to implement it, have been devised on the basis of advice from the relevant bodies as well as in consultation with employee representatives.